Shabby Blogs

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Long overdue update!


I hope to be better about posting updates once Jack gets here! A lot has happened over the past month! I started my maternity leave which has given me some much needed time to catch up on things around the house- including my housework! My mom ordered me the cutest cookie arrangement to start my maternity leave! The cookies were delicious too! Funny story, I took a nap and woke up to find one of my cookies having a bite out of it- wonder who that could have been?



I was also honored with a beautiful baby shower! Two of my closest friends threw a fishing themed shower to go along with Jack's nursery! He was a spoiled boy!








As for Jack's health, I have been going to MUSC every week now. I have had to have Non Stress Tests where they determine how "happy" he is in the womb by measuring his movements. The first test I was having some contractions. The doctors said everything was fine and recommended I move to Charleston at 38 weeks instead of 39. All my other tests have been great, and at my appointment last Friday they said he has been doing so well on the tests, they do not think they are necessary anymore. The doctor estimated his weight at 6 and a half pounds and said he would truly prefer Jack come naturally, so if we make it to 40 weeks and he is doing well they would let me go to 42 weeks! He will be a big boy if I make it to 40 weeks and imagine 42! This week we will have the final ultrasound to check his size and hopefully get some good shots of him before we see him in his birthday suit!

As for me, I am doing good but feeling nervousness, fear and worry. At church this past Sunday we read from Psalms 34 and I have to tell you it was meant for me. "I sought the Lord, and He answered me; he delivered me from all my fears" verse 4. Then I checked the mail and I had received a package from my friend in Atlanta. Even far away she somehow knew what I needed because she sent me a DVD of a sermon from her church on worry. Amazing how God always gives us the things we need! His timing is impeccable!

Keep us in your prayers! I will try to get better on these posts!



3 comments:

  1. Hope you like your DVD! I love that series. Can't wait to meet Baby Jack!! Love you! ~Bodes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post. God is good and His strength endures forever! I will keep praying! Enjoyed the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the update. we are thinking of you and hoping all goes well. and hopefully he won't get too big.... love u

    ReplyDelete