Shabby Blogs

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

PICC line today

Jack went back under anesthesia today. His IVs just won't hold up and the solution is a PICC line which is a more reliable IV. The PICC line is done in the cath lab and starts in the crease of your arm and stops right above the heart. This way we can be sure Jack is getting the right amount of antibiotic to take care of this infection. They will be discussing later today how much longer Jack will need to be on the antibiotic and it will give us an idea of what day we may be able to come home. Jackson and I are not ready to bring him home yet. We don't want to even play with this infection. Also we want Jack to be feeling a little more comfortable. So we better start getting some smiles!




2 comments:

  1. Praying for y'all!! It was so nice to finally *meet* you! So sorry I was a flustery, sweaty, fumbling mess. I'm not always like that (well, kind of!). When Jack is back to his old self and has the 'all clear' we're setting a date!

    Lots of prayers for that precious boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you guys We pray for jack every day.

    Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.


    John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

    I can't wait to hold him. :)

    ReplyDelete