Shabby Blogs

Friday, August 29, 2014

Home!

We made it home! Jack had his post-op appointment in Charleston Wednesday! It was a very long appointment and at times it was very nerve racking. I knew from they way he was so happy and playing so hard he was ok but there is always that little part of you that thinks "what if. "  First he went for his vitals check. He's only lost 2 pounds. I thought that was good considering this fat free diet but also because of how little he has eaten over this month. Next we went for the X-ray. Jack hates the X-ray. I know it doesn't hurt but I guess he thinks the machines are scary? That was quick. Echo took forever and was the part where my stomach started to turn. The echo tech stayed in one area on his left side for the longest time and seemed to be taking video and pictures in the same area over and over. I didn't ask him why because they cannot tell you much about what they see.  Jack was so good and laid so still while the tech got all the pictures he needed. 



Then it was time for the doctors. First was the fellow who allowed me to breathe a huge sigh of relief because he told me the X-ray and the echo looked great. He said Jack's turn around with his drainage was baffling and they rarely see anyone with as much drainage as he had dry up so quickly, go home and stay drainage free. This comment was something all the doctors said. I know this was just another one of His miracles!
Finally Jen and Cathy from Dr. Bradley's team came in. I love both of them dearly. They checked Jack out and then it was play time. They took selfies. Played with pagers and cell phones. Blew kisses and tormented me with Jack holding Clemson paraphernalia. 


It was a bittersweet experience. My original plan was to start cardiology follow up at MUSC. I just don't love the Richland clinic. MUSCs feeling was that we needed a doctor in Columbia and presented me with an option I liked. We should be getting a call with our follow up appointment this week. 
Jack still has to be on the fat free diet until September 28. I'm pretty sick of ground chicken at this point so if anyone has any other fat free or low fat options let me know. He can have up to 5g of fat at lunch and dinner. We've all been doing the diet because Jack always wants to eat what we eat. Hence my disgust toward ground chicken at this point!
Tuesday I packed up and loaded the car. I was really hoping the appointment yesterday would go well and thankfully it did!!! As soon as Jack was done it was off to Columbia! Jack came in the house, pointed and talked about everything. I have never wanted to know what he was saying more than I did then! He had to get re-acquainted with all his toys. 


When it was bedtime both boys went right to sleep and I didn't hear a peep until morning! It's so good to be home!!!


Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers for Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment